Wednesday, March 18, 2015

TARG Śniadaniowy Food Time

Dear friends,

Dont you love outdoor events? Well I do! :) So it is with great pleasure that I present you the Targ Śniadaniowy. Now if you are not Polish or you do not know Polish language, you may ask yourself what is that!? Well here we are: Targ = Fair and Śniadaniowy = Breakfast. Now having this short Polish language lesson done, let me tell you more about this :) It is an event created as a big picnic and it happens almost every Saturday and Sunday, during summertime. In Krakow it has 2 locations: one is in Nowa Huta (usually in Park Ratuszowy) and one is very near to the Main Museum and Biblioteka Jagiellonska (in Krakow Park). But this event does not take place only in Krakow, but all over Poland. You can check their Internet Page or their Facebook account ;)
They are open even if it rains and I love that people are so dedicated that no matter the weather they would still go out and have a picnic in the park. I love how people, no matter the age, take blankets and folding chairs and sit and relax on the grass while children play and dogs run around like mad. The food there always looks good and the smell makes your mouth water each time you pass by. It looks tasty and I bet it is as healthy as it gets as all products are home made and/or made with care when it comes to the ingredients. The Targ is open Saturday and Sunday between 9:00 AM and 16:00 hours. Here is the special Facebook Page for Krakow :)
When my adorable husband was away for 10 days on his business trip, last time, I had some things to settle in the area and I dropped by to see the fair up-close-and-personal. It was so much fun and the energy and the vibes were so positive that I bought myself a lemon tart and I found a bench, sit down and watched the people having fun :) I must give a prize for awesomeness and yummyness to the team from the Chocola company here in Krakow! They made one of the finests sweets I have ever tasted: crunchy on the lower part, soft and sour-sweet lemony inside with lovely double topping of meringue. I do not know how they did it, but it was heavenly! and if I ever go to their shop I will surely ask for another one :) I just need to find it now :p How about you? Does your city have this type of fair? What have you tried and really loved?

Yours truly,
A LadyBug In Love With The Lemon Cake from Chocola :)

No comments:

Post a Comment